Our dream tank is for sale! We have left the hobby and traveling more now, so we sadly are not keeping the saltwater in the house any longer. Much of the equipment and parts have found a new home, but we have a link to what we have left. The tank is a monster, but it needs to move soon to allow some remodeling. The tank and stand must be sold as a unit, but there are a number of accessories that may be available. Please use the comments feature throughout the website for questions or offers. All items included except as noted.
This system was built by us, with design input from some of the top industry professionals in aquaculture. It has many features and details that cannot fully be For appreciated without seeing this tank in person. We urge you to take a few minutes to read thru this blog before contacting us.
Rick and Terry Loewen, Tropical Reef Corals
- Custom tank built by Reef Savvy
- Rimless peninsula build
- Dimensions: 7′ x 3′, 24″ tall, rimless. Top rim is 54″ from the floor
- Capacity: 315 gallons
- Weight: 700 lbs.
- Material: 3/4″ low iron Diamant glass- 3 sides
- Overflow: Internal glass with acrylic weir, Bean Animal drain
- Material: 2 1/2″ x 3/16″ square steel and 3″ x 3 1/2 x 1/4″ angle
- Weight: 485 lbs (steel:345 lbs., wood trim 140 lbs.)
- Finish: White epoxy industrial finish
- Design: Robert Wright, structural engineer who is a reefer
- Fabrication by: David at Ultimate Motorsports
- Stand and cabinet work built by owner and professional finish carpenter
- Solid teak wood doors (a Brazilian species of teak, a.k.a. Angélique) supplied by Amazon Exotic Hardwoods.
- All of the doors are removable for sump access
- Stand and tank details are included in our build blog
Circulation and Sump
- PowerHeads: Vortech MP60, 2 ea. located on back wall
- Return pump: Set up for Water Blaster HY-7000 (not available), approximately 4x turnover (1200-1400 gallons/hour)
- Sump is 5′ long, 2′ wide and 16″ tall made of 3/8″ cast acrylic It features a large refugium area.
- Vertex Illumina 260 LED lighting system (selling separately)
- Vertex Libra 3-pump dosing system (selling separately)
- Protein Skimmer: Deltec SC-2560 Internal Skimmer (selling separately)
- Digital Aquatics ReefKeeper Elite controller system (selling separately)
- The system comes with an absolutely silent return overflow and water delivery system that delivers excellent water circulation throughout the tank. The drains are the “Bean Animal” design using three 1 1/2″ drains with gate valve regulation to match the delivery pump volume resulting in zero water bubbles throughout the 5′ long sump. The electrical outlets are wired on two 20 amp circuits providing 28 individual receptacles.